How much do you really know about that cold cereal and ice cream stocking your fridge? Here are seven funky food facts guaranteed to throw you for a loop.
1) Peeps candy has its own brand of lip balm. Presented in a twist-up tube, flavors include vanilla marshmallow cream and cotton candy marshmallow cream.
2) Eat that ice cream too fast? There's a medical term for that: sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.
3) Artificial vanilla flavoring is sometimes created using an ingredient in beaver urine.
4) Even though McDonalds is synonymous with hamburgers, the fast food giant got its start as a hot dog stand.
5) Mull this over before your next bite: Every "loop" in Froot Loops cereal tastes the same, no matter their color.
6) A powerful antioxidant, cinnamon can help stabilize blood sugar and reduce the likelihood of blood clots.
7) Your fish dinner likely hails from the state of Alaska. The state is responsible for more than half of the seafood caught in the U.S.
For more food facts, check out these sites:
57 Fascinating Business Facts That Will Blow Your Mind [Buzzfeed]
65 Amazing Facts That Will Blow Your Mind [Buzzfeed]
Interesting and funny facts that will blow your mind! [Science & Nature]
47 Shocking Food & Nutrition Facts That’ll Blow Rainbow Confetti Out Of Your Noggin [Lean It Up]
17 Shocking Food Facts That Will Make You Question Everything [Buzzfeed]